Week 5 Reflection – Tech Edge in the Classroom

Tech edge For this week’s blog reflection, I was assigned to try something different than normal. We were assigned to watch a Tech Edge Video and explain what it was about and how we incorporate what we learned into our classrooms. So, I chose a video that was in the teacher’s video section and chose one about App Smashing. In the near future I will have to App Smash for a project, so I figured this would be a good way to learn about it and to kill two birds with one stone. Here is a reference to the clip that I will be watching and reviewing in this blog post.

This video explored the app Grid. Grid allows the user to incorporate maps, pictures, and text into one space or document. This allows teachers to make an aesthetically appealing visual that incorporates all types of content. He also talked about an app called pic collage. This allows teachers to use several pictures and arrange them into one large collage. He talked about touch cast which is an application where students can make a video and edit it using the many features that the application allows.

Essentially this 13 minute video took me through several applications that will help teachers understand how to app smash. I really like that he offered several different ways to app smash. He really broke down each of the apps so I feel that I have a general idea on how to use each app. I highly recommend using these videos to learn more about how to use technology in the classroom. After watching one video I feel confident that I could utilize app smashing in the classroom.